20 March 2010

Yummy Food

We have been waking up around 7:30ish every morning to have tea. It's really good. I like to put sugar and milk in mine, but mom likes her tea plain. We also have tea in the afternoons.

After our tea, we have breakfast. We usually have eggs and toast and bananas.

For lunch, we have been having toast, curd (yogurt), bananas, and potatoes. I love the potatoes. They're like little square hash-browns with really good seasoning.

At dinner, we always have rice, curd, and chipate or rotie. Then, we also have some kind of veggie dish. We have had different ochre dishes, potato dishes, squash, eggplant and ones with lots of other veggies. We also had a chicken one at one point (I had that, mom didn't) and we had fish once. We also have salad, cucumbers, oranges, and bananas.

The sugar here is really good. Instead of being little tiny specks like in the States, it's like little pieces of rock candy. I like it a lot. It's very sweet, but it's not like overly sweet like sugar back home.

The milk is amazing! It's way better than back home. My theory is that back home, the cows are tied up and kept in fenced areas, so they don't like the people who own them. Because they don't like the people who own them, they give them bad milk. But here, the cows love their owners because they get to be free and they are highly respected. So, because they like all the people for letting them roam around and respecting them, they give them yummy milk. Just a theory :). Mom is in love with the curd, and I think it's pretty good too. The cheese and butter is a lot better too.

The bananas are delicious! Back home, mom and I don't like bananas (I'll eat them sometimes, but they're not my favorite) but we eat at least one each at every meal. They are way better than back home. It's amazing. Yesterday, mom bought a really big bunch of them because we have eaten almost all the ones in the house.

All the food here seems to be better. The milk, the sugar, and the bananas are all better. I haven’t had them yet, but the mangos are supposed to be better too. What good food we have!

-Celia Echt

1 comments:

Steve Ford said...

Who knew the way to Celia's heart was food?

I don't like bananas either, but maybe I will in India. I can't wait to try!