06 March 2010

Preperations For Next Week

Today, I woke up at 3:30 AM and stayed up until 8:30. Then we got ready and went to breakfast. I had chocolate cereal that was like Coco Puffs. We sat around while mom drank her coffee, and I got hungry and got an omelet. After we finished, we went for a walk around the block. We saw more construction and other things. But the most interesting was a dog. That was purple. Probably left over from Holi.

We went to the hotel and watched some t.v. while mom tryed to get the computer to work. The internet didn't work properly, so we went downstairs while they were fixing it. I fell asleep while mom was working on the changing plans for Kolkata.

She woke me around 12:30. We went out for a walk, and ended up in a furniture market. We went to the Mall. We got a "demonstration" of the fancy hand-made rugs. It was kinda interesting. Then we looked at the clothes for me. There were lots of pretty salwar chamise. But they were expensive and not good for going into the towns. We ended up buying a pretty top. We headed for the hotel, but lots of people stopped us, giving directions to stores. When we got near the Connaught Place, there were lots of people saying to go to the Cottage Emporium.

By the time we got back to the hotel, I was really tired and hot. I was a little dehydrated too. I drank lots of water and then fell asleep. Mom couldn't get the t.v. to work though.

She woke me up at 5:30ish. There is a concert sort of thing going on outside. I'm not completely sure what it is.

Day 3 in India

-Celia Echt

4 comments:

Becky Ford said...

I loved all the dyed animals on Holi!!! Missing you lots.

Becky

s-gal said...

C, I love the details in your blog! It makes me feel like I am there with you. You are such a good writer! It would be great if you could add the date to your posts as only the time of day shows up, so I am not sure what day it is. Keep 'em coming! love, thada

Steve Ford said...

Jack says, "Hmph. Purple. So what? I'm black and brown! TWO COLORS!"

Actually, Jack is not with me at all. He is having fun with two other dogs at Diane's house (the pet sitter). I am sitting in a London hotel room getting ready to go to bed.

Celia said...

I love seeing the dog, it was just cool.

It say's the date I post above the post in gray letters.

Tell Jack I say I love him more than any purple dog when you get home. (The dog was actually purple and yellow though :), but you don't have to tell him that.)