28 March 2010

New Friends

Mom has been meeting lots of new people. She met lots of the faculty at Kala Bhavana. When she was at the Central Library on Wednesday, she met a lady named Arpita is a librarian there. She is a photographer too, and has a daughter named Gunja who is nine. She invited us to go to her house that night so we did. It was very fun. We looked at houses and talked and then went to a music concert. The next night, we looked at more houses, but Gunja had to go to bed because she had school. On Friday, we spent some time together and did lots of drawing. Then we hung out on the roof. After that, we went to a traditional Indian dance concert. It was really good. Last night, we hung out for a little while, then Arpita helped me ride a bike. Mom say's I'm getting better, but I don't think so. Today, at 4:30, Gunja and I have painting lessons. I'm really looking forward to it.

On Thursday, we also me the Auntie of one of Mom's Indian friends back home. She owns a cafe called Alcha Cafe. We went there and had these things called egg rolls that are eggs rolled in a rotie with chillies and onions. I also had some of their crepes, they were delicious! The lady's name is Kaya. She is very nice. After we finished eating, we saw the store that she also owns. It is very nice. They have all these beautiful hand-made bags and clothes and pilliows. There are embroidered boxes, kamises, and doupatas, tyedied fabrics, leater bags, and they make some things from old sariees woven together. It's all very beautiful. On Friday, we went to her house for breakfast. It was very nice. They live right across the street from where we are now. Then after breakfast, mom went to an exibit at on of the museums and I went to the workshop where they make all the things for the store with Kaya. It was lots of fun. I got to watch how they get all the fabric together for the bags, how they do the embroidery, and I got to make some petique key chains. It was lots of fun.

2 comments:

Steve Ford said...

Whoa, this message is all symbols too!

Celia said...

I'm seeing it as letters.