05 March 2010

A Nice End to Our 2nd Day

We just got back from dinner at the Bonsai Restraunt downstairs. But earlier, we had our meetings. Mom met with Dr. Kaul (program officer), then with Dr. Grodsky (director of Fulbright India). Then we had to wait because we are changing flights so we can leave our bags in Delhi while we are in Udaipur, and get them on the way to Kolkata.

When we got back to the hotel, we had to get the safe fixed. Mom accedently got the code wrong, so we had to get it opened. Then, mom went out to the balcony and I tried to read my English book, but ended up falling asleep.

Mom didn't want me to get no sleep tonight, so she woke me around 8:30 our time. We got dressed and went to dinner in the restaurant downstairs. It was peaceful, and the food was yummy. (There was some bad techno music though.) I had meso soup and stemed rice. Mom had tempora, spring rolls, and spicy shrimp. We talked lots about India and home.

End of Day 2 in India!

-Celia Echt

1 comments:

cookysworld said...

Finally found your blogs in India. I'd emailed both of you and they came back mailer failure etc. What did I do wrong? I had just what you emailed me?
So sounds a little challenging at first. But you already knew that part. Celia, do you see lots of unusual things ... give me an example of a day in the life...
Cooky