20 March 2010

Critters

The place we are staying is really nice. The only problem is the critters.

On Monday or Teusday, we descovered the lizards. On Sunday, we saw two lizzards between one of the screen. Mom was going to try and free them, but it turned out they were in there because it was cooler than outside. They could leave easily. I saw the fist one (insiede) in the bathroom only becasue it ran up the wall. We tryed to trap it, but it hid behind the water tank, so we couldn't get it. The next time I went in the bathroom, it was right by the light. We left it alone. Then, mom was in the bathroom trying to makesure it didn't escape, but it was behind the door and ran out when she moved them. It then hid in the cabnets in the hall. Later, when we were going out, I saw one crawl under the couch. Apperently, they're always sneaking in. They're not even scary, it just startles me. Like a few minutes before I started typing this, I opened a cabnet to turn on the fan, and one was running around inside. We'll just have to get used to them.

Mosquitos are evil! All bugs are. Every time I see one, mom has to come and kill it for me. Except these little ant-like things I keep finding on the sink. I drown those in water. The bugs really just freak me out though. We have these plug in things that have chemicles that keep the bugs away, but when the power goes out, they don't work. Mom bought this coil thing that burns and gives off chemicles. It's suposed to keep them away, and it's working so far.

The birds aren't really a problem, or even a critter, but they're loud. There are birds calling all day long. There are ones that chirp, like back home, but there are some really strange ones too. There is one that sounds a little like a scream and it'll call about 5 times in a row, getting louder and louder with everyone. But there are some birds that keep flying by the bathroom window and startle me when they hit against it. They're not that bad though.

We'll just have to adjust to all the creatures.

-Celia Echt

2 comments:

Steve Ford said...

I hope to see a picture of the lizards. How big are they? Nose to tail, more or less than a hand span?

I wouldn't try *too* hard to get rid of them. Most lizards are insect eaters.

I want to hear about a monkey getting into the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Hi Celia!!!
I miss you sooo much!
love hearing about India!!!


Love,
Breya