Stealing the idea from Mom's blog post, from being sick to school, this is what we did:
- Tried to sleep, didn't succeed (well I didn't) (1)
- Worked some
- Didn't blog
- Made batik (sp?) fabric for a bad (yet to be finished with boiling) (2)
- More aplicayed pillow covers
- Inagurated a library (3)
- Made a speech (Mom)
- Took a video (me)
- Saw a temple (us)
- Met many nice people
- Organized Alcha's library
- Pined for egg rolls (Alcha was closed for 15 days)
- Tried to make egg rolls (mom)
- tested egg rolls (me)
- drank tea
- Had the rooms transformed
- Appeared in Shyamal's movie (4)
- wore incredibly hot clothing
- drank more tea
- Saw them retrasform the house
- Got mom's camera lense and (5)
- Got the comic and New Yorker cover Steve sent
- Recieved the other box
- Which includes Mom's stuff and 3rd Rock DVD's
- Flew to Chennai
- Met Karuna (aka our angle)
- Drove to Tiru (I slept)
- Ate at Tasty Cafe for the fist time
- Went to villages (6)
- Took lots of pictures
- Printed pictures
- Showed pics on the viewer
- Printed more photos
- Retook pictures
- Printed more portraits
- And so on and so forth......
- Walked around the mountain (Mom)
- With 2.5 lock people (7)
- Got stomach sickness (8)
- Saw the biggest temple in India (possibly the biggest in the world)
- Gave puja (blessings) (9)
- Got hit in the head by an elephant (10)
- Went to Pondicherry
- Did shopping
- Bought cool shoes (Mom)
- More cheese
- Bagettes (sp?)
- Met Nan and
- Chandi Devi and
- Reshe and
- Karuna's wife and daughters and
- Plenty of other people
- Went home (More info)
1. Mosquitoes + heat + no power = no sleep for me.
2. It has to be boiled because the beeswax has to be taken out and mom couldn't do it because we don't have a big enough pot. My teacher is going to do it, but she left for Kolkata today and is going to be there for 15 days, she's having surgery.
3. Mom was invited to inagurate a Tagor Reading Room at a ruarl library. She didn't get to cut the ribbon, but she got to hold the librarians arm while he did.
4. He's making a movie about war
5. Thank you Steve
6. We really were suposed to be there for work, but it was like a vacation a lot of the time.
7. I'm not sure how many people that is....
8. Yes, I have been sick more than once. Mom just forgets sometimes
9. For puja we left flowers and moth balls (well, they were like mothballs) and gave money.
10. Yes, I pet an elephant (Noah Whiteman). You give the elephant a donation by putting the money in its trunk then it hits you on the head. A very well behaved elephant.
11. Wow, I have alot of notes.