25 May 2010

Mom's Birthday

Mom's birthday was yesterday, the 24th. Our friend Shamal brought us a cake, at midnight, in the morning. I was I gave mom a patch-bag from Alcha that I got her the day before (with her money), a keychain I made, and a patchwork I made that I'm going to make into a pillow. Shamal gave her a small 5 Star and a little baby bottle because she is a Bengali baby, meaning she talks like an infant. "Milk. Egg. Yes. My daughter." That's mainly what we can say in Bengali. Then we called Steve so he could wish her a happy birhtday. We went to bed around 2. At 8, we woke up, and we went to Alcha for breakfast. Mom had two egg rolls. Then we went to Kalah Bhavana to meet Sanchain (he didn't show up) and ended up talking to one of the photographers who had pictures in an exibit. We went back to Rotenpoly and did lots of shopping. We got yarn, knitting needles, a tape measure, a ruler, folders, and mugs. Mom's has a cow on it, and a cow handle, and mine has an elephant on the cup, and one on the handle. They're silly, but fun. Then we came home, and it started raining! It was mom's birthday rain. We stood outside, in our clothes, and got soaked. It was fun. We went to my art class after. Then later, we went out to dinner with Shamal in Boulpur. We had really good food. Then we came home and went to sleep. It was a fun birthday.

3 comments:

Steve Ford said...

I felt bad that I couldn't give your mom any presents, and it made me SO happy that you gave her bunches!

You rock, kiddo.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Hi Celia,
We love your blogs. Thanks for filling us in on the birthday celebration. We will have to have another celebration when you get back to the US.
Lots of love,
Pipa and Grandma

Marg Frank said...

It was a lovely day and, though I miss you all terribly, I'm very lucky to have had Celia with me.

[For the record, those are Bengali egg rolls and have no relation to anything one gets in a Chinese restaurant.]